The Father's Day 5
Candles are for men too! The sense of smell is so powerful that it drives our memories and can help us positively improve our lives. I use scented candles to relax, reflect, and rebound from a difficult day. Anyone can do the same, if you know what you’re looking for. So, I am going to share with you my 5 favorite masculine scents to guide you to the same enjoyment I receive from our Benefiscent Candles.
I’ll start from number five and count down to my most favorite scent. I must give a disclaimer: I love all our candle scents and it was a very difficult process to place them in any particular order, because they all have their place in my home.
5) Nicky Medley : Our Nicky Medley candle has a special place in my heart. It not only was the first masculine scent we ever produced, but it's named after a real person, a man with a “heart of gold”. I have told everyone that would listen, that Nicky’s kindness, thoughtfulness and prayers helped keep my wife alive for the last two years of her life. If we could all be like Nicky, the world would be a far better place. This scent is oakmoss and amber with a little vanilla musk, just to tone down the earthiness of the base tones. As Masculine as this candle might seem upon first sniff, women love this scent too!
4) Slate: This is a new scent blend for Benefiscent, one that I have been experimenting with for a while now. On the cold throw (the scent you get when you open the top and smell the candle before it’s lit), the cool, sophisticated slate scent is more forward than the leather. Once lit, the leather has a way of being more forward and present, with the slate taking a back seat, but still very evident. This is a true man’s scent, that may remind you of any venue with rich leather seating or upholstery, and the sophistication of cool stone and high class cologne.
3) Amalfi : From our Benefiscent Blue Collection, Amalfi is a sophisticated, high class, nuanced scent, without feeling arrogant. The touch of citrus makes this scent approachable for anyone and allows your mind to wander to a place on the coast of Italy. It’s cool, but alive with a vibrancy that just silently speaks to your soul. Again, this scent has earthy base notes of sandalwood and leather, but the top and middle notes include bergamot and citrus, along with a sneaky hint of floral that you may be hard pressed to actually identify. All in all, it works. It’s a great scent and once again, we have as many women who tell us they wish their man could smell this good.
2) Vanilla Cedarwood : Another new scent that we are launching for Father’s Day, this one really captures my attention. The woodsy and earthy base is forefront in this candle scent, mellowed by a vanilla musk that adds a bit of sweetness to the experience. Close your eyes and this scent will take you to a place of true relaxation. This is one of the only woodsy scents that I found that captivates my senses, lures me back for more. This one is a pleasant, enjoyable outdoor experience (without the mosquitoes)! I love it!
1) Black Sea : Also from our Benefiscent Blue Collection, Black Sea is a riddle, wrapped inside an enigma, with all the mystery and intrigue that it’s name invokes. The Black Sea is strategically located on Earth where ancient mysteries meet new discoveries. Just like our Black Sea candle scent. I still have a very difficult time identifying all of the individual scent notes in this one, but this I can tell you; it’s alluring, it’s sophisticated, it’s rich but not heavy, it’s unique, it’s deep and fresh all at once and it’s basically indescribable. It’s manly, beautiful, and don’t take that the wrong way. It’s not pretty, it’s beautiful. It’s not feminine in any way, but it’s also not brutish. I am a person who is generally verbose and overly descriptive in most things in my life. But with this one…..I am at a loss for words, other than to say, it's the best of the best.
by Robert Graustein, Benefiscent's Chief Waxpert
See the rest of the Father’s Day Collection here.
Leave a comment